Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Politician Financial History

Pat Meehans Financial Status Before and after one year of being in Congress.

Net Worth:
From $72,016 to $380,000
Rank: 316th in House


Robert Caseys Financial History

Net Worth:From $160,020 to $578,000
Rank: 84th in Senate



This shows how almost overnight just from being in congress members can just accuire funds in the hundreds of thousands. I learned that members do not have to directly state where the money in the fund comes from they have a broad way of stating their financial situations.


I agree with the article I think it is very important to know the representatives financial history. I would say that the members on the political spectrum do not deserve financial privacy they are servants to the public and they agree to have their lives exposed by representing America. I would say that the richer members can not relate to the middle class financial status and maybe should not be in office if they only convey the views of the rich. I suspect this is where the idea of flat taxing comes from.

No comments:

Post a Comment